Invest Atlanta – Down Payment Assistance Programs
Invest Atlanta has several programs. These details apply to all of those programs.
Down payment assistance is available for eligible home buyers through Invest Atlanta!
Invest Atlanta has several down payment assistance programs for qualified borrowers who want to live in the city of Atlanta. Atlanta Development Authority is helping buyers achieve the goal of homeownership.
How do I apply?
- Submit a Home Loan Application. Please tell us you are interested in Invest Atlanta in the comments section.
- Give us a call at 404-601-4152
- Approved List of Homebuyer Education Courses
How do Invest Atlanta Down Payment Assistance Programs Work?
- Down payment funds are provided as a Second Mortgage Loan for the purpose of principal reduction and the payment of pre-paid items and closing costs.
- The Down Payment Loan may only be used in conjunction with an Invest Atlanta First Mortgage Loan.
- No Monthly Payments for the Down Payment assistance
- No Interest on the Down Payment Assistance funds
It’s easy to qualify! Check qualifications listed with each program below.
- First Mortgage Interest rate 3.5% (FHA & VA)
- Assistance comes in the form a silent second mortgage. This mortgage has no interest and no monthly payments.
- Homebuyers who not have had an ownership interest in a principal residence for the last three years. There is no first time home buyer requirement for borrowers moving into the Targeted Area (80% of the City), but current residence must be sold prior to closing on the new property.
- Secure an executed real estate contract on the property to be purchased
- Have a sound credit history (need 620 Credit Score)
- Provide copies of federal tax returns for the past three years
- Attend ADA approved homebuyers seminar – Download List
- Have existing property inspected prior to closing
- Contribute $1,500 of own funds toward closing
- The Maximum Purchase Price is $252,890
- The property must be located in the city limits of Atlanta
- Newly constructed, existing and foreclosed homes
- Single family detached homes, townhomes and condominiums